Recipe makes about 5 cups. Garden fresh, Great use for garden fresh tomatoes! Goes well with chips or use in a recipe, such as Mom’s Mexican Meatloaf.
- 3 c. chopped tomatoes (or 24 ounces of canned tomatoes)
- 1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 1 c. onion, diced
- 6 tsp. fresh, minced garlic (or 3 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced basil
- 4 tsp. fresh minced oregano
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. of chopped banana peppers
- 1/2 chopped fresh jalapeno pepper (including seeds) (Whole if you like it hotter)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Stir the tomatoes, onions and peppers well. Add, spices, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Enjoy! Follow us, like us, share us. We are Sweet Basil Farm & Gardens on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and more. We are a local Middle Georgia producer of farm fresh fruits and vegetables and members of the American Poultry Association, licensed by the Georgia Dept. of Agriculture as Poultry Dealers and Brokers, and a proud member of the Georgia Grown program, a division of the Georgia Dept. of Agriculture. We also breed, sell and ship poultry, pet pigs, bearded irises and much more. We have an 80 acre working farm, with great emphasis on all natural gardening and livestock management practices. An 1840’s general store is situated on our property, and serves as our on-site farmer’s market. We have a large vegetable and herb garden, fruit orchards and more. Conveniently located off of Interstate 75 near the Johnstonville Rd exit (#193). We are six miles west, located in Barnesville, Lamar County, Georgia. Recipe courtesy of Tisha Johnson Matthews and Sweet Basil Farms, and photos courtesy of All Recipes and J. David Matthews, of Barnesville, Georgia for support and patience with all that I try and test.