Who knew it could be so easy to make these delicious Fall carnival treats at home?!?
- 1 (14 oz.) pkg. caramel candies, unwrapped; OR, 1 (11 oz.) pkg. caramel bits (or try this Homemade Caramel recipe)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 to 6 medium apples
- 5 to 6 popsicle or craft sticks
- chopped nuts, cookies, or candies (if desired)
- Crushed Oreos with white chocolate chips – Cookies and Cream
- Crushed Oreos with milk chocolate chips – Cookie Fudge
- Crushed Butterfingers – Candy Bar Apple
- Chopped nuts, such as pecans, almonds or peanuts – Nutty
- Sliced or chopped almonds and poppy seeds with white chocolate – Almond Poppyseed
- Chopped dried cranberries & chopped walnuts or pecans with white chocolate chips – Christmas Apple
- Sprinkles – Every Kids Favorite
- Crushed graham crackers or graham cracker pie crust & a little cinnamon & nutmeg with white chocolate chips – Apple Pie
- Crushed sugar cones or waffle cones with white chocolate chips – Ice Cream Apple
- Chopped mini marshmallows & optional chopped nuts with milk chocolate chips – Rocky Road
- Crushed pretzels – Salted Caramel
- Crushed shortbread with milk chocolate chips – The Twix
- Crushed lavender & vanilla bean with white chocolate chips – The Gourmet
- …or whatever else you can come up with.
Share the SWEET-ness. We are Sweet Basil Farm & Gardens on Facebook. Look for us on Pinterest, Youtube, Instagram, Google+ and Twitter. We are a local Middle Georgia producer of farm fresh fruits and vegetables. Sweet Basil’s Farmers Market To You delivers weekly Market Baskets all over Metro Atlanta, Macon and Middle Georgia. We proudly donate money and food from every sale to local schools, churches and other community programs! We are members of the American Poultry Association, licensed by the Georgia Dept. of Agriculture as Poultry Dealers and Brokers, and a proud member of the Georgia Grown program, a division of the Georgia Dept. of Agriculture. We also breed, sell and ship poultry, pet pigs, bearded irises and much more. We have an 80 acre working farm, with great emphasis on all natural gardening and livestock management practices. An 1840’s general store is situated on our property, and serves as our on-site farmer’s market. We have a large vegetable and herb garden, fruit orchards and more. Conveniently located off of Interstate 75 near the Johnstonville Rd exit (#193). We are six miles west, located in Barnesville, Lamar County, Georgia.
Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart, and posted by Tisha Johnson Matthews, of Sweet Basil Farm & Gardens. Photos and ideas courtesy of allrecipes.com and Cooking Classy. Special thanks to J. David Matthews, of Barnesville, Georgia for support and patience with all that I try and test.