- 1 bunch fresh greens (mustard, collard, turnip or kale)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4cup water
- 1/2 pound of meat for seasoning (I prefer saving and using my ham bones, but a ham hock or even a smoked piece of turkey would be fine… alternatively, 1-2 beef bouillon cubes would suffice)
- Wash greens and cut out thick stems. Stack greens in a pile, then roll up like a cigar, and then slice.
- Place sliced greens into crockpot with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours or until greens are tender.