- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups arugula leaves
- 1 pear, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) blue cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisking constantly, slowly add the oil; set aside.
- Arrange the arugula on individual plates and top with the pear and cheese. Drizzle with the vinaigrette.
Enjoy! Philippians 2:3
Live in the Metro Atlanta area, Middle Georgia and Macon area? Visit our website to see what we offer in your area! www.sweetbasilfarms.com.
Share the SWEET-ness. We are Sweet Basil Farm & Gardens on Facebook. Look for us on Pinterest, Youtube, Instagram, Google+ and Twitter. We are a local Middle Georgia producer of farm fresh fruits and vegetables and members of the American Poultry Association, licensed by the Georgia Dept. of Agriculture as Poultry Dealers and Brokers, and a proud member of the Georgia Grown program, a division of the Georgia Dept. of Agriculture. We sell and ship locally grown and produced wildflower Honey, Goat’s Milk Soaps, Gourmet Cooking Oils, We also breed, sell and ship poultry, pet pigs, bearded irises and much more. We have an 80 acre working farm, with great emphasis on all natural gardening and livestock management practices. An 1840’s general store is situated on our property, and serves as our on-site farmer’s market. We have a large vegetable and herb garden, fruit orchards and more. Conveniently located off of Interstate 75 near the Johnstonville Rd exit (#193). We are six miles west, located in Barnesville, Lamar County, Georgia.
This recipe post by Tisha Johnson Matthews, of Sweet Basil Farm & Gardens. Special thanks to J. David Matthews, of Barnesville, Georgia for support and patience with all that I try and test. Recipe and photo courtesy of http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/arugula-pear-salad-maple-vinaigrette.