Who ever thought “ice cream” and “healthy” could go in the same sentence, much less recipe! This light and creamy recipe is Vegan, sugar free, dairy free, and gluten free. Indulge…then go for seconds, without guilt!
- 8 lite coconut milk ice cubes, about ½ can frozen in an ice tray (any milk will do)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened original almond milk
- 4 fresh strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- Place coconut milk cubes, frozen strawberries, lemon juice, vinegar, and vanilla in your food processor. Pulse with the “S” blade until mixture is broken up. It should look like pieces of hail in the bowl. This process takes about 30 seconds of pulsing on and off.
- Continuing to pulse, add non-dairy milk slowly. Use up to 1 cup. Discontinue when mixture forms a ball.
- Remove ice cream ball from processor and place in a large bowl. Mix in fresh strawberries and graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve immediately
Enjoy! Psalm 119:90
Order your Market Basket now!
Live in the Metro Atlanta area, Middle Georgia and Macon area? Visit our website to see what we offer in your area! http://www.sweetbasilfarms.com.
Share the SWEET-ness. We are Sweet Basil Farm & Gardens on Facebook. Look for us on Pinterest, Youtube, Instagram, Google+ and Twitter. We are a local Middle Georgia producer of farm fresh fruits and vegetables and members of the American Poultry Association, licensed by the Georgia Dept. of Agriculture as Poultry Dealers and Brokers, and a proud member of the Georgia Grown program, a division of the Georgia Dept. of Agriculture. We sell and ship locally grown and produced wildflower Honey, Goat’s Milk Soaps, Gourmet Cooking Oils, We also breed, sell and ship poultry, pet pigs, bearded irises and much more. We have an 80 acre working farm, with great emphasis on all natural gardening and livestock management practices. An 1840’s general store is situated on our property, and serves as our on-site farmer’s market. We have a large vegetable and herb garden, fruit orchards and more. Conveniently located off of Interstate 75 near the Johnstonville Rd exit (#193). We are six miles west, located in Barnesville, Lamar County, Georgia.
This recipe, blog post and photos by Tisha Johnson Matthews, of Sweet Basil Farm & Gardens. Special thanks to J. David Matthews, of Barnesville, Georgia for support and patience with all that I try and test. To see the original recipe, or to find more healthy and delicious recipes, visit Healthful Pursuit!