- 2 cups whole grain pancake mix
- 1 medium apple- grated
- ½ ripe banana – mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups fat free milk (or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt – low fat (or any flavor yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ tablespoon butter – unsalted
- 3 apples – cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup apple cider (or water or apple juice)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (or ½ teaspoon ground)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, stir together pancake ingredients until combined (pancake mix through ground cloves.) (Be careful not to over-mix so that the pancakes turn out light and fluffy. Lumps are ok!)
- Heat non-stick griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour batter on to griddle ¼ cup at a time. Flip once bubbles start to form and cook an additional minute or so until the other side is browned. Continue until batter is gone.
- While pancakes are cooking, prepare the warm apple topping. Start by melting butter in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Begin cooking apple slices in butter for 2-3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add cider, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, nutmeg and cloves then stir until combined. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve pancakes with warm apple topping.
Enjoy! Jeremiah 29:11
Order your Market Basket now!
Live in the Metro Atlanta area, Middle Georgia and Macon area? Visit our website to see what we offer in your area! http://www.sweetbasilfarms.com.
Share the SWEET-ness. We are Sweet Basil Farm & Gardens on Facebook. Look for us on Pinterest, Youtube, Instagram, Google+ and Twitter. We are a local Middle Georgia producer of farm fresh fruits and vegetables and members of the American Poultry Association, licensed by the Georgia Dept. of Agriculture as Poultry Dealers and Brokers, and a proud member of the Georgia Grown program, a division of the Georgia Dept. of Agriculture. We sell and ship locally grown and produced wildflower Honey, Goat’s Milk Soaps, Gourmet Cooking Oils, We also breed, sell and ship poultry, pet pigs, bearded irises and much more. We have an 80 acre working farm, with great emphasis on all natural gardening and livestock management practices. An 1840’s general store is situated on our property, and serves as our on-site farmer’s market. We have a large vegetable and herb garden, fruit orchards and more. Conveniently located off of Interstate 75 near the Johnstonville Rd exit (#193). We are six miles west, located in Barnesville, Lamar County, Georgia.
This recipe blog post by Tisha Johnson Matthews, of Sweet Basil Farm & Gardens. Special thanks to J. David Matthews, of Barnesville, Georgia for support and patience with all that I try and test. To see the original recipe, or to find more delicious recipes, visit The Lemon Bowl.