- 1 (1-pound) eggplant
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 16 (1/2-ounce) slices multigrain baguette
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup red, orange, yellow, and green cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Slice eggplant into 1-inch-thick slices; brush both sides evenly with 1 tablespoon oil. Place eggplant in a single layer on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until eggplant is tender. Brush both sides of bread slices evenly with 2 tablespoons oil. Place bread slices in a single layer on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 1 minute on each side or until toasted.
3. Combine eggplant, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon juice, and next 3 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon eggplant mixture on each bread slice.
4. Combine arugula, tomatoes, and mint in a bowl. Drizzle with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons juice and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Divide salad mixture evenly among bread slices; top evenly with cheese.
Enjoy! Acts 1:8
Order your Market Basket now!Live in the Metro Atlanta area, Middle Georgia and Macon area? Visit our website to see what we offer in your area! http://www.sweetbasilfarms.com.
Share the SWEET-ness. Like and follow us! We are Sweet Basil Farm & Gardens on Facebook. Look for us on Pinterest, Youtube, Instagram, Google+ and Twitter. Sweet Basil Farms is an 80 acre working farm, consisting of large vegetable, fruit and herb gardens, fruit orchards and livestock. We put great emphasis on natural gardening and livestock management practices. We are members of Georgia Grown and the American Poultry Association. We also breed, sell and ship poultry, pet pigs, bearded irises and so much more. An 1840’s general store is located on our property, and serves as our on-site farmer’s market, and where Farmer’s Markehttps://wordpress.com/post/sweetbasilfarm.wordpress.comt To You (FMTY) began!
This recipe blog post is by Tisha Johnson Matthews, of Sweet Basil Farm & Gardens. Special thanks to J. David Matthews, of Barnesville, Georgia for support and patience with all that I try and test. For more delicious recipes, visit MyRecipes.com.